Your checkout experience is the final step standing between your business and a sale. So how do you avoid last-minute cart abandonment? Improving your checkout experience is a surefire way to help.
SamCart has five checkout tips to help creators, influencers, and businesses thrive in the online marketplace.
Accept a Wide Variety of Payment Options
Having to find a second payment method can considerably complicate the checkout process for your customers. It might even discourage buyers. Accepting a variety of popular payment options is an easy way to greatly improve your online checkout process.
SamCart’s SamPay option accepts all major payment methods so that creators can sell globally with ease. We also support integrations with PayPal, Stripe, ApplePay, GooglePay, and all major credit/debit cards. You can read more in our guide to billing simplicity in online sales.
Reduce the Number of Clicks
Optimizing your online checkout experience means eliminating challenges between your customers and your products. How many clicks does it take for site visitors to buy? Each extra step is a potential drop-off point for customers and clients. You can create a seamless checkout experience by including a checkout form on the same page as your product information.
At SamCart, we provide our creators with all-in-one sales pages for each of their items. By streamlining the shopping process and reducing the number of clicks before the final sale, you can improve your checkout experience and boost your revenue.
Customize Your Checkout Page
According to Statistica, having to reenter credit card information accounts for 30% of abandoned e-commerce carts. Customizing your checkout page can make it easier for buyers to get it right the first time. There are a few steps you can take to tailor the checkout process to your audience:
- First, eliminate unnecessary form fields to reduce the chance of customer error.
- Make the form placement easy and accessible to make buying easy.
- Label each form field clearly to prevent misunderstandings and mistakes.
- Finally, let your customers save their information for next time to promote conversions.
Custom checkout pages can make the process easier for your buyers while promoting more sales for your business.
High-Security Websites and Checkout Forms
The most vital part of a checkout experience is the security of customer payment information. Your sales page and payment processor should both be safe and secure. An easy way to ensure this security is to find a website hosting platform that maintains PCI (Payment Card Industry) Data Security Standards compliance and SSL Certificates. You can read our guide to security for content creator sites here.
Fast Page Load Speeds
Overloaded, slow websites can have customers waiting on standby with each click. You will want a quick, optimized sales site for seamless buying. Thankfully, there are a few easy ways to make your site move quickly:
- Reduce extra noise: Overdone websites are often slow as your bandwidth throttles to help everything load. By eliminating unnecessary pages and steps with an all-in-one sales page, your load speed will be naturally fast.
- Compress images: You can also improve your site speed by compressing images before uploading them to your page. (Hint: compressing an image is not the same thing as making the image dimensions smaller. This process reduces the bytes of the image without degrading the quality. You can find free and easy image compression tools online.)
- Professional templates: When you use a sales page template designed by a professional, you can know with confidence that it is optimized for site speed.
Automate Your Online Checkout Process With SamCart
SamCart is here to help improve your checkout experience and boost conversions. We help creators, influencers, and online sellers like you monetize their work. Sign up for a free SamCart trial, or get started with your free copy of The Profitable Customer Mini-Book today!