How do I monetize as a content creator? This question is becoming increasingly common as creators put in the work to build a following—only to find their payoff falling short. Here is a quick and simple guide to monetizing your content.
Find Your Market Opportunity
Before you can begin making money, you have to decide what you will be selling. You know your market, brand, and skills better than anyone. The first step in monetization is to find your market opportunity and begin building your inventory:
- Online courses: You can teach your consumers about your skills or specialties by creating and selling online classes.
- Physical products: Merchandise, artwork, and other physical products can be sold across the globe with online retailing.
- Digital products: PDF downloads, ebooks, and other digital products allow you to share your talents in an entirely digital medium.
- Online services: Consulting, training, coaching, and other services can be easily offered online.
Build Your Sales Platform
Content creators are beyond familiar with the process of building a platform. However, your social media and content platforms can easily translate into a sales platform. When choosing a sales platform, there are a few essential considerations to keep in mind:
- Additional Fees: You can find everything from listing and transaction fees on Etsy to fulfillment fees and referral fees on Amazon. These fees are simply ways for online platforms to cut into your income. You can make the most of your content sales by staying away from platforms with these unnecessary charges.
- Limitations: Some sales platforms advertise “free” or “no additional cost” features. In many cases, however, these offerings are capped. If a platform limits the number of products you can sell, listings you can create, or courses you can offer, it will ultimately limit the potential success of your business.
Make the Most of Creator Resources
To monetize as a content creator, you might feel pressure to act as an all-in-one sales representative, business professional, IT expert, and more. So how can you run your business without distracting from your content work? Thankfully, there are plenty of SamCart resources designed specifically to help content creators thrive in monetization.
- Creator University: Rather than clicking through countless dead-end articles trying to find answers to your questions, CreatorU has an ever-growing library of proven monetization resources. This includes videos, templates, scripts, and more from SamCart’s own vault. CreatorU also contains exclusive resources from 6- and 7-figure sellers who give creators their inside scoop on successful selling.
- Online Course Builder: Many content creators monetize their work by translating their social media videos into online course videos and subscriptions. Our easy-to-use online course builder can help you seamlessly transition to a class platform.
- Drag & Drop Builder: Ready to sell? You can easily customize attractive sales pages to showcase your products with the drag and drop builder.
Easy Transactions are Key
Content creators who are hoping to monetize need to tap into a business mindset. At the heart of most successful sales are easy transactions. The more challenges you place between a customer and your products, the more likely they are to lose interest in your product or online course. Here are some easy ways to make sales as easy as possible:
Simple, Fast Sales Pages
Content creators often spend a great deal of time, energy, and money trying to create a perfect website. However, these websites can quickly become complex to navigate and slow to load—especially if you do not have an entire web team at your disposal.
The solution? You can create an attractive, yet quick and simple sales page in minutes. Sales pages are among the best ways to sell products, as they offer quick load times and contain all of the information your customers need in one place.
Flexible Payment Options
Easy sales often require easy payment methods. The longer a potential customer spends trying to navigate their payment options, the more likely they are to give up. Consider partnering with a sales platform that accepts a comprehensive variety of payment options.
SamCart Creator Platform
You can find the help you need to monetize as a creator with SamCart. Our platform allows creators to translate online success into digital sales. We invite you to watch our demo for a closer look or try SamCart for free to get started today.